- About Us
Big Bull Official Rules
BIG BULL/SMALL BULL CONTEST RULES
- Contest runs from October 1st to November 30th, 2013.
- Bull elk must have been harvested in the state of Wyoming during the 2013 Wyoming hunt season.
- Contest is open to WYOMING RESIDENTS who reside in Sweetwater, Uinta, Sublette, Lincoln and Carbon counties.
- Winners will be determined by total score from measurement.
- Measurement will be taken as follows:
- Left beam (top of the burr to tip taken on the back side of main beam)
- Right beam (top of the burr to tip taken on the back side of main beam)
- Widest point from inside main beam to main beam
- Circumference of left base above the burr
- Circumference of right base above the burr
Total points of antlers (antler points must be at least 1 inch long measured from the main beam) Example: 6x6=12 points, 6x7=13 points
- All entries agree to have picture taken. Picture will be posted on The Radio Network website.
- All entries must show valid 2013 Wyoming elk license.
- All entries must show proof of residency (such as Wyoming drivers license). All hunters 15 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- All contest results are final as judged by The Radio Network.
- Measurements will be taken Monday-Friday from 8am to 5pm by APPOINTMENT ONLY and Saturday and Sunday by appointment upon availability at The Radio Network studios, 40 Shoshone, Green River, Wyoming. (Call for an appointment ahead of time : 875-6666, 362-6746, or 1-800-254-5847).
- In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined by the 4th point measurement.
- All competing antlers must be attached to the head. If proof can be submitted that antlers cut from the head or a boiled out head are from a 2013 harvested animal (i.e. photos with date, meat fragments on skull), The Radio Network judge will waive this rule. (Skulls that have been boiled out qualify however, proof must be provided that it is a 2013 harvested animal. For example: written statement from the taxidermist that boiled out the skull.)